Monday, September 21, 2009

The Garlic Plate: Baked Mashed Blue Potatoes with Parmesan and Mozzarella, Green Beans, and Chicken

I truly love my garlic press and cook with fresh garlic whenever possible. With this dish, I indulged my love of Allium sativum. I took a few locally produced blue potatoes and boiled them until tender. In a bowl I added milk, some parmesan and mozzarella, a dash of rosemary, a couple of tablespoons of butter and then, using a hand mixer, mashed them.

However, the mozzarella posed a bit of a problem with it's taffy like consistency so I decided to hand mash and then bake the potatoes at 375 degrees for about twenty minutes, sprinkling the top with some fresh grated parmesan. The result was an almost casserole like potato pie. The mozzarella softened and spread and the parmesan hardened and formed a nice crisp on top.

I sauteed the chicken breast in garlic, olive oil, italian herbs, rosemary, lemon and white wine while the fresh and local greens were sauteeing in olive oil and fresh garlic. Once plated, I tossed a dash of rock salt on the green beans and the chicken and Voila! My garlic glands were ready to be sated.

No comments:

Post a Comment