Thursday, May 24, 2012

Fresh Beginnings


This was our first CSA Pickup of the Season as we resumed our continued eager support of Wimer's Organics CSA or Community Supported Agriculture. Our first box included butter lettuce, red lettuces, green onions, garlic scapes, scallions, kale, arugula and unpopped popcorn. We have since had our second pick up and the third is next week as we are still on the bi-weekly list since, as you can see even without the arugula and popcorn not pictured, it would be difficult for L and I to eat all of it without waste, just given life, love, and of course our crazy schedules some days.

I know it's been some time since I've posted, but I hope you are still out there, dear readers. Like over a year, about which I cringe as I type. But sometimes as we know, life  throws us curve balls that land way in the outfield, far from wireless connections or a computer by which one can upload the latest dish. However, as usual, getting stuck in the outfield has not stopped my experimentation with flavors, food, pairings, herbs, taste and the senses, and of course, cooking.

So what's to come and what to expect? Recipes and pictures of meals and tasty things,  our re-cultivated container garden of various plants, flowers, and fruits, herbs, and vegetables (which are still a work in progress), and the super exciting addition of joining a local business that is all about composting. 

Stick around. If there is anything I can guarantee, it's that you will not be disappointed, nor have wasted your time.


No comments:

Post a Comment