Friday, August 7, 2009

The Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Baking Adventure

I truly believe that the word "Banana" should have at least one more "n," but that's neither here nor there.

What is extraordinarily pleasing is that I assisted in baking a tasty sweet bread, which I am told is technically a quick bread. I will admit that I was wary when informed to add 1/4 tablespoon of vinegar to a 1/2 cup of milk to act a substitute for buttermilk, but I quickly got over my initial reservations once it came out of the oven, carrying with it a mouth-watering aroma. As an added treat to the standard, we mixed in half a package of semi-sweet chocolate chips which oozed chocolaty deliciousness as they cooked.

The best part? Squishing the bananas.

1 comment:

  1. Christina: Excellent, I am very proud of you. If you need any recipes or help let me know.
    Giovanna would love this. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete