Saturday, August 8, 2009

Lemon Herbed Cornish Hens, Roasted Potatoes, & Balsamic Carrots

The one ingredient that really made this dish pop was the lemon. I cut up a few potatoes, mixing with some pearl onions for taste, and layered the bottom of a 9x14 glass pan. After melting down a 1/2 stick of butter, I tossed the potatoes and onions with the butter, seasoned salt, ground pepper, and lemon juice and then placed the two cornish hens on top.

I stuffed two birdss with three pearl onions and a few wedges of lemon after squeezing the juice over the top of the birds, along with some olive oil. I sprinkled the birds with rock salt, ground pepper, rosemary, thyme, and some chicken seasoning that I got from The Spice Corner in the Italian Market.

While the hens roasted at approximately 350 degrees for about 45 minutes to an hour, I began on the Balsamic Carrots. I chose to peel the carrots before sauteing them in some melted butter (1/4 stick). Once they were tender I added some sugar (2 tablespoons) and the balsamic vinegar (1/4 cup). The carrots only took about 20 minutes and once it was all done it was mouthwatering.

No comments:

Post a Comment